How to Clean the Ducted Return Air Filter?
Duct cleaning is important. With the constant use of our HVAC systems, their filter gets dirty. This is probably because our ducts are in constant touch with a lot of dust and dirt from the outside environment.
The Need for Timely Air Duct Cleaning
- Unfortunately, people don’t consider cleaning the filter an important task and ignore it usually.
- But, duct cleaning is important because dirty air filters circulate dirty air inside the rooms.
- This not only makes your house dirty but also makes the indoor environment unfit for family members.
- The air you breathe in becomes unhygienic and if you are allergic to dust, you may suffer a lot.
- Dirty air is especially unhealthy for the kids and the pets in the house.
- Also, if the filters are not cleaned from time to time, the dirt particles tend to restrict the air flowing back to the coil of the fan. This thus disturbs the entire functioning of the air conditioner.
Cleaning Ducted Return Air Filter
If you ever notice flashing of the filter sign of your air conditioners and other HVAC systems, prep up; because that is a reminder to clean it. This filter media is usually inserted in the air grille which is installed in the ceiling.
You can attempt to clean ducted return air filters yourself (however, it could be a tough task), by following the given-below steps
- Before starting the process of cleaning, you would need a few DIY tools in order to undo and do the screws of the frame.
- Start the process by undoing the screws of the Return Air Grill’s frame which is fixed to the ceiling. They are usually fixed with thumb screws, so be careful in removing them.
- Carefully, open the frame and let it hang in the vertical direction. Don’t put too much pressure on it or it may fall, and you might end up hurting yourself.
- Slide the filter out, so that it is easier for you to clean the structure.
- Now, clean the dirt and dust off the filter. You may use a vacuum or a wet cotton cloth as well. The vacuum will ease down your work, so it is preferred.
- After vacuuming, wash the filter with lukewarm water. It removes all kinds of germs and bacteria which may have been left behind.
- Dry the filter in sunlight. Let it dry properly so that not even one drop of water is left behind.
- Now, it’s time to slide the filter back into the grill. Once you slide it carefully, put the grill back into the recess and put the thumb screws in order to secure the fixing.
Who Can Clean Ducted Return Air Filter to Perfection?
The professionals like us can help you clean ducted return air filter to the perfection. Professionals like us are trained to complete ductwork. With the right equipment and skills and appropriate experience, the professionals bring you the desired result in duct cleaning. It is necessary to clean your air ducts from time to time. However, if this sounds like a tough task to you, contact Spotless Duct Cleaning , Oven Barbecue Cleaning and Duct Repair today. We have been serving in the niche for more than 10 years, and have earned the trust of locals by serving them the best.